It’s week 2 of Fall Into Fitness! One week down, one to go! Here’s an update on last week:
Monday 9/4 Weigh In: 189.4 pounds
This is the challenge starting weight – one of my goals is to lose 10 pounds by the end of it, so I want to be 179.4 (or less!) by October 30’s weigh in!
PINK WEEK Workout Update
- Monday: Practice 5K – I ran the Race Against Breast Cancer race route! It was my best time for a 3.1 route yet, coming in at 31:19!
- Tuesday: Rest Day
- Wednesday: Run 2 miles – I ran 2 in 20 minutes, also a new record!
- Thursday: Rest Day
- Friday: Run 1 mile
I only worked out four days instead of five last week, and I only had one type of exercise (running), so I already didn’t get 100% of my goals, but that is ok!
This was the most exciting part about last week. My race time was 30:08, cutting over 2 minutes from the Sunflower State Games Cauldron Run I ran in July. My next race is in three weeks – the Winged Foot 5K.
Now for week 2: BETTER ME WEEK!
Why “Better Me” week? Because that’s the goal! All my goals for this challenge are designed with a BETTER ME in mind. Great Life Golf & Fitness is also a sponsor for the American Red Cross 2017 Go Red for Women BetterU Challenge. For more information about the challenge OR to apply, click HERE.
This week is all about cardio, pushing me out of my comfort zone with a Spin & Body Blast class (and with getting up early!).
BETTER ME WEEK Workout Schedule
- Monday 9/11: Run
- Tuesday 9/12: Zumba @ YWCA 5:30pm
- Wednesday 9/13: Body Blast @ Berkshire 5:30pm
- Thursday 9/14: Spin @ Western Hills 5:30am
- Friday 9/15: Zumba @ YWCA 5:30am
So there you have it! Getting in FOUR types of exercise this week, with running, spin, zumba, & body blast, making up for my only two activities last week.